1. When are orders delivered locally or shipped? Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
2. What is you local delivery area? We deliver to Augusta, Belgrade, Hallowell, Oakland, Sidney and Waterville, Maine, typically between 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., to businesses, camps, colleges, homes, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, etc., including Colby College, Thomas College, Maine General Medical Center and Inland Hospital.
3. Where do you ship? We ship anywhere in the Continental United States (the area of the United States of America comprising the 48 states that are south of Canada and north of Mexico (known as the "lower 48 states") and the state of Alaska).
4. What are your address requirements for local delivery/shipping? We need the correct and full address of recipient, including business name, if any, building name/number, floor number, apartment/room number, etc. We will not be responsible for packages that are undeliverable by us or the USPS due to an incorrect or incomplete address, for packages not delivered by a mail room, etc. or not picked by a recipient. Local deliveries are typically made M-F between 10:00 am and 8:00 pm. Please note for residential deliveries, if no one is home to accept a package, we will do our best to leave a package out of sight and out of weather, however this is not always possible. For delivery to apartments, we will do our best to leave a package with a mailroom or office, if one is available. However, if we are unable to locate one, we will either leave a package near recipient's inside mailbox or door, if marked. Otherwise (or if a security building and we cannot gain entry) we will leave a package outside the door to the main entrance of the apartment building or complex.
5. What are the estimated delivery times for USPS Priority Mail? To Maine areas south of Augusta, usually 1 day; other areas in Maine north, east and west of Augusta usually 1-2 days; New England and Mid-Atlantic areas usually 2 days; west of Pennsylvania and south of West Virginia usually 2-3 days; APO/FPO addresses usually take 1-3 weeks. DELIVERY TIMES are ESTIMATES given by the USPS and not a guarantee. Tracking is available for all packages except to APO/FPO addresses. Please keep the estimated delivery times in mind when placing your order and order early. We try our best to make sure your package will arrive on the date you requested, however, delivery on a specific date is not guaranteed. Please allow additional shipping time during busy holidays and inclement weather.
6. Do you offer express shipping? Call us a 207-547-8006 if you would like us to give you a price for express shipping.
7. Do you have a retail location? No we do not. Our cookies are only available for local delivery or shipping.
8. May I include a gift message? Yes, before adding a product to the cart, there is a box to enter your personal message on the free occasion card. Be sure to include who the gift is from.
9. How big are your cookies? All of our cookies are hand scooped and weigh between 1.25 to 1.5 ounces and are about 3 to 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
10. How long do your cookies last? Since our cookies do not contain preservatives, they are best eaten within 1 to 3 days of receipt, however, they should last up to 5 days in airtight packaging or an airtight container. If you wish to soften our cookies, remove all packaging and place each different flavor in its own separate, airtight container with a piece of white bread and they should soften in 6-12 hours. To quickly soften and/or warm a cookie, remove all packaging and heat in the microwave for approximately 10 seconds or follow your microwave instructions. You may also freeze our cookies. We suggest keeping them in their packaging and placing them in an airtight freezer bag or airtight container for up to 2 months and then thawing before consuming.
11. What is your substitution policy? To make sure there is not a delay in locally delivering or shipping your gift, we may find it necessary to substitute a product of equal or greater value if we are unable to reach you by email or phone.
12. Is there breakage during shipping? We take special care to package our cookies to minimize or limit breakage, however, due to fragile nature of cookies, some breakage may occur during shipping. This will not affect the taste or quality of our product.